11.24.2011

Feature Friday {and 30% off!!}

Lets talk about Nora...

 



and Vivian...




These pieces were inspired by a macrame side table my parents had in their living room growing up.  What I wouldn't give to have that table now.  I remember it had pictures from all the national parks they had visited decopaged on the table top and it hung from the ceiling.  Someone had made it for them as a wedding gift in 1978.



So instead of of wooden beads and jute, the material I use is czech glass fire-polished crystals and Midori Dupioni Silk.



The silk is cut on a bias with a raw edge, so the piece slightly frays as you wear it.  I LOVE the mix of the fancier crystals and silk with the organic unfinished edges, it makes this piece very unique, and makes it oh so easy to dress up or down, hopefully becoming a classic piece in your wardrobe.



You can wear the Nora necklace long {how cute is this with your favorite white shirt and jeans}...




Or double it up for a shorter look {I think this would be amazing with a little holiday cocktail dress, or under a pinstripe suit}...






I think the Vivian necklace is a bit more edgy than Nora, a little bit more unexpected.




And I love the color of the Vivian in Bronze because as it frays and softens, it reminds of faux fur, especially layered.







There are bracelets too.  I used a magnetic barrel clasp for the closure, so you don't need help putting them on, this is so great for me because my husband is not so helpful with small little clasps.  The Nora bracelet has a sterling silver clasp that has an heirloom quality to it, when I first spotted it, I was instantly drawn to it, like my grandma's silver...





These pieces are easily layered together, for a more dramatic effect...





And there are lots of new colors for the fall...
an amazing midnight - dark navy with hints of gray and purple and iridescent crystals {my they sparkle}

a deep burgundy - with beautiful amethyst colored crystals {just the right pop of color}

a rich hazelnut - a gorgeous copper that frays dark brown with rose gold colored crystals {has a great vintage vibe to it}


So that's the dish on Nora and Vivian.

For the next week, the Nora and Vivian pieces are all 30% off! Also, Free Shipping on all orders!

Perhaps the perfect gift idea, or maybe just the finishing touch to your holiday outfit.  Either way fantastic!

Enjoy, thanks for reading.

Happy Black Friday.

Best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment