6.26.2017

Black is Always the New Black.


This outfit is a standby go-to date night outfit for me.  It's easy.  It's comfortable.  I don't have to think about it too much.  But also it's a bit sexy with the lace down the front and the open back.  

I am pretty sure when I bought these jeans they were much more black.  They've worn so well with age that I have hardly noticed how they have faded.  You know - the way you want to age, side by side, with the person who just gets you to your soul.  And they were the jeans that convinced me to invest in great denim.  For sure I have gotten my money's worth.  These jeans have also kept me from feeling like I need to buy other skinny black denim, because I love them so much.  They also happen to be on sale right now.

As I am attempting to write this blog post, I have been asked 3 times to tuck my kiddos in.  It's hot and with the eve of the last day of school upon us, and a 9th birthday, we are all restless.  The last request was met with a no from me, I'm tired, I would like to finish this post and head to bed myself.  But as I sit and type, it seems crazy not to snuggle them one more time, knowing these days are but a season.

This is often how date nights come to be, at the end of being requested, no time or energy left for myself, but I want to show up and feel put together.

So this is what I have.  A great easy top with a touch of sexy, and a great fitting pair of denim.

Oh and don't forget the accessories.  They are always the finishing touch.  I love the statement earring trend this season.  Love love love it.  These earrings are my most popular tag earrings updated with happy tangerine tassels.  They are worn constantly and becoming my most popular item.  You can find them here in dark blue.


tassel earrings

free people lace tunic

curly hair

open back tunic

date night outfit
top - Free People. see below of color options and major sale price
jeans - J Brand, Nordstrom.  dark blue on sale
shoes - Saks Off 5th.  old
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry.  also available at Queen Anne Frame



Ok off to tuck my babies in for the 3rd time, exhausted but grateful.

Do you have a favorite denim?

photos by Angie.

Happy Monday.

best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment