1.06.2018

Sequin Saturday & The P Word.



So here we are, I'm gonna attempt to convince you that white sequin pants make sense.  Not that they are "practical."  For the record I hate that word.  Why would you ask "is that practical?" ??  Is the answer ever going to be what you want it to be.  Distinction here, I get the word "functional"  absolutely if something serves a function that should weigh in.  Aka rain boots, warm winter coat, etc.

But practical to me only leads to boring, dull, bland.

Better question "does it bring you life?" and by life I mean JOY.  And sure at this moment we are talking about white.sequin.pants.  It's not feeding the homeless, or spreading kindness.  I get it.  But I also argue that the tiny quiet voice inside that says "oh my goodness I LOVE these, I mean can you imagine, why not?"  Is worth something.  And should be listened to.  And why not today?

It's a part of you.  For me this often lands in the F's - fashion, food, family.  Maybe for you it's taking a tap dancing class, or learning piano.  Or painting your living room bright yellow, or buying a blue velvet chair. 

And wearing white.sequin.pants in the rain in January is exactly what I needed, also a good hot cup of coffee and the most amazing kale salad.  I have eaten it 4 days in a row.

Note on my outfit.  These pants are incredibly flattering in white.  Wouldn't have guessed that would be the case.  They are high waisted and fitted but not incredibly skinny.  I sized down.  Tomorrow I am going to wear these pants with a big old gray sweater.  (watch my instastories to see).  And how great will these jeans be for going out on a date? or in the summer with a tank and sandals?

I love this look with the navy striped tee.  I felt so very french.  I should have ordered a capuccino, cappucino, capaccino, darnit.  cappuccino - had to google it.

BONUS - Tee and pants are an extra 40% off sale price.  Makes these pants like $30.  I have been watching both in the event they went on sale.  Being mindful of my spending more than ever lately.  And often at Anthro this happens.  As luck would have it, it did!!



kale salad loosely based on this recipe (subbed yogurt for cashew butter and lime juice for vinegar)

tee - Sol Angeles, Anthro
jeans - Pilcro, Anthro
coat - Anthro.  
bag - old
shoes - even older.



Happy Sequin Saturday.

thanks for reading my opinions.

best,
Kirsty

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes! That shirt! You can pull off those white sequin pants like the fashionista you are! Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete