1.16.2018

The Velvet Wrap Skirt




how to wear socks with heels

I am thinking velvet is here to stay for a while, and all year round.  And I am excited.

I love the color of this skirt, if you are unsure about the staying power of velvet, choose a color that can also feel light and bright once the warmer weather comes out, imagine this paired with the great white tee and some wedge sandals.  Totally summer am I right?

And a wrap skirt tends to be more universally flattering.

Recently my friend called these types of sweaters "chatty" and I gotta say I love that term.  This is an oldie from like 4 Christmases ago (only this time I managed to iron it, honestly) and every time I pull it out I'm like, why don't I wear this more often??  Probably because it's shoved underneath a mountain of other sweaters.  Uggggh.  Who's got a blog post for that?  Help!

Finally socks and shoes.  I like to think of this trend as creating that sock booty look without having to track down the shoe that actually fits like a sock booty.  Because those darn sock booties never fit right.  Bonus: it adds warmth.  It's so simple and easily adds a fun detail to my outfit.  I love the texture and the subtle metallic color.  My old favorite shoes are instantly given new life, and the ankle strap of my shoes is very helpful because sometimes adding socks makes the shoes very slippery.

I found my socks at Free People, they are great for sock inspo.



velvet wrap skirt

sweater - oldie from Piperlime.  (anyone remember that amazing website?!)  similar here.
skirt - Foundationsimilar
shoes - Faryl Robin c/o.  no longer avail, similar
socks - Free People





Happy Tuesday.

best,
Kirsty

1 comment: