4.18.2018

Paper Bags and Platforms






Are you a fan of the paper bag style pant?  It has always drawn me but I rarely find a pair that works for me.  It's one of those styles that has to fit and flow just right, because you are definitely adding volume and want to accentuate the waist as a balance.  The volume should look like it's coming from the fabric not you.  In my opinion that is how this style is flattering.   So I have tried on A LOT of this type of pant but rarely a success.

This style is quite popular right now with the high-waisted pant trend that is taking over.  Yessss.  And it's such a good one.  This style is effortless, aka easy, adding great interest to an outfit, simply add a tee and cute sandal, which is how I wore it the rest of the trip, and you're ready.  I just jazzed it up for photos.  You know, to make it more interesting.  I can't wear a tee shirt for every.single.post.

Plus this awesome top is over 75% off right now.  You're welcome.

These particular shorts are from Numph DK.  A clothing brand I discovered at my favorite local clothing boutique Queen Anne Dispatch.  You can also find most of their line at Numph.com, and also some styles at Pintucked.  I can always count on this brand to have edgy yet sophisticated styles, mixed with bold happy prints and unique fabrics.  That is exactly the tune I like to sing, and I am always looking forward to their next designs.

Speaking of tunes, random thought...I am the worst singer, and lately I can't help but bust out a tune, much to my children's dismay.  Not sure where that is coming from, it cracks me up.  It also warms my heart because my mom used to do the SAME thing to us and man was I always so annoyed.  Oh the eye rolls.

Maybe someday they will appreciate my voice.  I often remind them that they used to ASK every night for me to sing them each a song at bedtime.

Ok back to the outfit, because I cant leave out the shoes.  In two days I bought pastel sneakers and floral loafers.  And they are my marvelous rotation.  I freakin love these shoes.  Something about a whimsical floral, I love the mix of this feminine print with a more masculine loafer style shoe.  AND then add a platform with STRIPES.  These shoes also look particularly nice with a really undone hem.  I plan to get a lot of wear out of these.  ps - they are currently on sale for under $50.  Whoop Whoop.

You're welcome again.







shirt - Derek Lam 10 Cosby c/o.  on sale 75% off in navy, in red.
shorts - Numph DK c/o.  find here
shoes - Abound, Nordstrom Rack
socks - not seen but SO necessary, Smartwool
sunglasses - Queen Anne Frame

And the beach hair situation, it's just so outside my comfort that I am not even going to mention it.  

Happiest Wednesday.

Photos by Angie.

best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment